I’m a working mom. I have to balance my career and family so sometimes I’m just too tired to work out. I know most moms can relate. What if you could work out while you were running errands? Or at the zoo with your kids?
Shape-ups are designed to shape you up without ever setting foot in a gym. I’ve been eyeballing Shape-Ups for a while now. Do they really work? Do they look funny? Sketchers claims that the shoes promote weight loss, and reduce cellulite. I know a few people who own a pair and they love them. I was still skeptical but really curious. I am on a mission to loose 10 lbs and maybe Shape-ups will
help? Or at least motivate me?
I received two pairs of Shape-Ups. The Women’s Shape-Ups XF – Accellerators ($110) and the Shape-Ups AT – Diamondback ($125) and got to answer the question for myself: Do they really work?
Both pairs are really stylish and I like the color scheme. The sneakers come with an instructional DVD. I definitely recommend watching the video. You’ll find tips on proper stepping, standing, etc.
While wearing them you definitely feel taller and I had to get used to this feeling. I did not want to fall over! Overall, I was standing straighter and had better posture. The step felt nice and I was motivated to start my workout. Being over excited, I did way too much (over an hour walk uphill). My feet hurt and it wasn’t a good sore. I obviously missed the part about starting out slow (30 minutes) because this is a different way of walking.
I decided to try it again after a days rest. This time I kept the walk short and concentrated on my feet moving with rolling steps. The idea of the shoes is to simulate walking on soft sand.
So far here’s what I like about the Shape-Ups XF:
- Stand taller, better posture
- Lost 1lb (without adjusting my diet)
- Look good
- Comfortable fit
- I do like the idea that I can wear these any time and maximize the few minutes I have to work out.
I’ve moved on to the to All Terrain (AT) and so far they are comfortable. This style is for light hiking. The AT Shape-Ups are sturdy and feel slightly heavier than the XF sneakers. After a few tries I am now used to walking in these Skechers. I wore them on a walk to the Farmer’s Market this morning. The walk was about 40 minutes (back and forth). I did trip up a couple times but that’s only when I dragged my feet.
I’ll keep you posted on my progress. The shoes seem durable and offer support. Make sure you practice controlled steps. You definitely need to concentrate on your walking. The sneakers are pricey but this is not just a shoe. There is a system that’s built behind them. I’m not really sure that they do what they claim to do but I’m all for shoes that motivate and promote activity. I know that I was motivated to test these out. That’s the first step!
- Tee & Teagan
WANT THEM NOW? Visit www.skechers.com to purchase Shape-Ups
GIVEAWAY: Skechers and their PR Team is generously offering (1) winner a pair of the Women’s Shape-Ups XF – Accellerators!
REQUIRED ENTRY – How creative are you when fitting in a workout? AND why do you want to try Shape-Ups?
(Remember if this REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Bonus Entries - Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Follow @SKECHERSUSA on twitter. (let us know who you are) (1 extra)
- Follow @Myshapeups on twitter.
- Watch the YouTube instructional video in this post and tell us something you learned about Shape-Ups. (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Subscribe to our RSS Feed or email (or tell us that you already do – must be verified to count) (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Like us on Facebook (let us know who you are) (1 extra)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (1 extra)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways. (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I just entered to win Skechers Shape Ups on @thatsitmommy! http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=5070 #giveaway) – come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)