While stuffing is a must-have dish on the Thanksgiving table, it can also be one of the most polarizing elements of the big feast. Nearly everyone has a favorite style, yet no matter how well-intentioned, tampering with a family favorite can spark quite the mealtime controversy. That’s why Swanson Broth is inviting people across the country to take a side in the Great Stuffing Debate.
When good people do bad stuffing:
EVERYONE AGREES that it’s not a proper holiday without stuffing. But EVERYONE DISAGREES about what should be in that stuffing. Bread crumbs or cornbread? Dried fruit? Nuts? Sausage? One person’s “yum” is another’s “yuck!” And where there is conflict, there is wicked comedy just waiting to happen.
I like to cook but I’m not that great at it. I tend to look for recipes and products that help make simple but tasty meals. Stuffing? Never made it! So, I checked out the The Great Stuffing Debate site and used their Stuffing Spinner. You can select a category such as “Easy” to find your perfect recipe. If you haven’t guessed, I tried Easy. A few results turned up but I went with The Quick & Easy Stuffing recipe. (Gulp) There’s something about recipes that stress me out (LOL!). There’s a ‘Tips and Techniques’ section that reviews key ingredients, offers substitution tips and more. Who knew that there was a science to stuffing!
I prepared a pre-Thanksgiving dinner for my husband and daughter. Dishes and ingredients included chicken breast (opted against a huge turkey), mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, chicken gravy and Swanson’s chicken broth to flavor the dressing. I have to say that I was proud of my results. The stuffing recipe really was simple and my family enjoyed it. Baking the stuffing an extra 10 minutes left the top crispy. Yum. The stuffing was moist and complimented our dinner quite nicely.
Even our scaled down dinner left us with leftovers. What do you do with all the leftovers? Looks like Swanson has thought of everything! Check out their section dedicated to leftovers.
Make sure you stop by the great debate center to participate in the debate questions. Here’s a sample question: Vegetables in the stuffing? For sure! And 54% people agreed with me.
Additional features and activities that can be found on the Great Stuffing Debate website include:
• The Debate Center – Weigh in on questions that gauge stuffing preferences and other related topics.
• In the Kitchen – Use the stuffing spinner to find the perfect stuffing – from traditional to adventurous and everything in between – as well as other holiday recipes, cooking tips and techniques, substitution solutions, and leftovers ideas.
• Stuffing Skirmish – This humorous video shows what happens when good people do bad stuffing. Watch the family dynamics unfold as two very different sides of the family – with equally different views on stuffing – come together for the holiday feast.
• Fun Stuff – Get ready for the Turkey Dance! The Swanson CGI turkey does the tango, dances like Elvis and takes a trip to the 70s. Choose a favorite and share with friends and family via email, Facebook or Twitter.
Let your voice be heard and visit the Great Stuffing Debate!
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will win a $50 Visa gift card
REQUIRED ENTRY – Visit the Great Stuffing Debate and tell us what your favorite stuffing recipe is. Come back here and leave your entry in the comment box below.
Remember if this MAIN REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries. All entries are worth 1 (one) entry unless otherwise noted.
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow Swanson’s Broth on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Sign up for Swanson’s Creative Cooking Newsletter (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- Blog about this giveaway and tell us why you want to win in your post (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post
- Enter other current giveaways (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet this: The Great Stuffing Debate! Win a $50 Visa Gift Card via @thatsitmommy & @swansonbroths http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=8283 #giveaway (tweet daily)