Although I love giraffes and elephants, sometimes the amount of “cutesy” baby clothes gets to be a bit much. I’ve found it difficult to find quality alternative accessories for my little guy. I sometimes visit Etsy to fill this void. When I came across Lil Rokker, I knew right away that this was the store for me. We received their Skully Pacifier Clip and Flame Flannelette Bib for review.
The pacifier clip was a big success. We have another pacifier clip, but the fabric is much narrower and since my son likes to put EVERYTHING in his mouth, the old one quickly became folded on itself and crusty (gross, yes, but that’s just how it is around here sometimes!). This was actually something that constantly annoyed me about the old clip. With the Lil Rokker pacifier clip, this never happened. It looks as new as the day it arrived, despite the constant attention my 8 month old gives it. The Skully Pacifier Clip is made with a white 17″ grosrain ribbon with black cartoon skulls along the length. Important to note- it wipes clean easily, too. Have a girl? They also have a pink version! Retail price, $6.
The Flame Flannelette Bib also gets our seal of approval. It arrived just in time for my little guy to have his first solids. It washes easily (we tested with the green AND the orange veggies!) and stays oh-so-soft. It’s also reversible—flames on one side, black on the other and fastens in the back with a snap. It sells for $10.
Lil Rokker is the creation of Melinda Ford and is based in Alberta, Canada. She, too, was frustrated at the lack of rock-inspired baby gear out there and set out to create a line to express her individual style. She opened her store and was amazed at the quick, positive responses she got from it! She started out with diaper bags but quickly expanded to toddler backpacks, little guy ties in addition to the products already mentioned. Her inspiration comes from her children, especially her 6-year-old son, who is a true little rocker (he’s already playing the drums!). He also acts as her design consultant, informing Melinda if a fabric isn’t “rock” enough.
~That’s IT Mommy friends, Heather & Brendan
DISCOUNT: BUY these and other items from their Etsy store. And, through 12/16/10 enter code: MOMMY15 for a 15% discount!
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will win the Toddler Backpack pictured above from Lil Rokker. It’s not too late for your tot to have the coolest backpack in school! This giveaway is open to EVERYONE (18+)!
Entry requirement: Visit Lil Rokker on Etsy and let us know another one of their fabulous products that you love. Leave it in the comment box below.
(Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count)
Bonus Entries - Leave each extra entry in a separate comment.
- Subscribe to our Email (or tell us that you already do) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow Lil Rokker on twitter (2 extra-leave 2 separate comments, #1, #2)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID) (2 extra-leave 2 separate comments, #1, #2)
- Like Lil Rokker on facebook (let us know who you are!)(2 extra-leave 2 separate comments, #1, #2)
- Like us on facebook (let us know who you are!)(2 extra-leave 2 separate comments, #1, #2)
- Blog about this giveaway (leave the link) (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs (1 extra)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways. (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Comment on one of our non-giveaway posts. (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – WIN a Rockin’ toddler backpack via @LilRokker @ThatsITMommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=6967 #giveaway) – come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)