The struggle with my barely 1-year-old and my set of keys is recent. That sweet jangling sound is music to his ears. But, my keys have been everywhere…from falling on the floor in bathrooms to resting on park benches. I don’t even think to clean my keys, until I get a flash of everywhere they’ve been as my little guy brings them to his mouth. Gross. Yes, but I know I’m not alone in this struggle. Not to mention the pointed edges have no place in the hands (or the mouth) of a baby.
Who will come to my rescue? It’s Clean! It’s a key! It’s an animal! It’s a Kleynimal (pronounced Clean-IH-mal). This fabulous little toy is the perfect stand-in. Plastic keys just don’t satisfy that need for jingling and jangling that babies seem to enjoy. Brendan is a huge fan of his new set of “keys”. Whenever I want him to come my way, I jingle the Kleynimals and he, literally, comes running my way.
Kleynimals would be an ideal baby shower gift—they even offer custom engraving! $24.00 is a reasonable price for something they will be able to play with, use as a teether and will make a great keepsake, too. They feature three stainless steel “keys”—Eli the Elephant, Gus the Giraffe, and Leo the Lion. Here are some important product features:
- Food-grade Stainless steel
- 100% recyclable
- Free of lead, phthalates, BPA and cadmium
- Dishwasher safe
- No sharp edges
- Certified to ASTM standards and by an independent laboratory for babies 6 months and up
- Come with an unbleached muslin bag intended for reuse
- Made in the USA
Kleynimals was designed by a concerned mom looking for a safe alternative to lead car keys for her kids. They satisfy a child’s natural desire to play with metal keys while providing parents with peace of mind that the toy is without hazards of lead contamination, sharp edges or the daily grime of regular car keys. Everything about her product and company is environmentally friendly. From the information they sent me via email (rather than printing and including in the package), to the package they mail you (which is made from recycled materials). When they do print, they do so on recycled paper. If you tell a friend but can’t remember the name, just type in “cleankeyanimals” and you’ll find them!
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. We did receive the set of Kleynimals mentioned in this post free of charge to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.