Bracelets are all the rage with kids of all ages! Judging from my three year old and 16 year old, this trend is here to stay. What’s great about bracelets is that you can wear one or stack as many as you like. With Shains bracelets you can use them to make your own statement and change it whenever you feel like it.
Shains are recycled accessories designed to encourage and empower people to make a statement. Sounds pretty cool, huh? My kids thought so. The packaging is made from 100% recycled materials and the bracelets are made from recycled TRE (a rubber). The bracelets are adjustable and come in a variety of colors for both boys and girls. Shains sent us a bracelet kit that came with 60 elements, the alphabet and 7 cool icons (such as a star and a heart). The bracelet we received is a fun shade of green called “grass.” My youngest daughter, Adeline, has fun trying to spell her name on it while her older sister, Kaleigh, likes to change up her message with favorite bands to suit her mood.
Shains was started by Ewa Martinoff who came up with the idea when she had her laptops power cord ”bundler” wrapped around her wrist. She had long ago realized that everyone should have a chance and voice to make their own statement and she thought that this bracelet/power cord ‘bundler’ could be a great way to do it. The idea of an eco-friendly bracelet where you could put your own message was born! One year and many trials later the eco-friendly Shains debuted in stores. Not only are Shains eco-friendly but they also give back a percentage of net profits to environmental organizations. The Shains line includes bracelets, cuffs, necklaces, dog collars, belts and even pony tail holders. The kits start at $8 and include both a bracelet and the icons.
Shain accessories would make awesome, original gifts for both boys and girls of any age. There are so many options to choose from! You will definitely find something for that hard to get boy or girl! Choose from Sports, Girly or Skater just to name a few. There is even a Jane Goodall kit which contains 50 endangered animal icons where 10% of the proceeds go to the Jane Goodall Institute. Check out these very cool products on their website. My kids are now begging me to get a collar for the dog! Say it, wear it, mean it today!
GIVEAWAY: Shains is offering One (1) That’s IT Mommy Reader a Bracelet Kit with 100 elements. Ends 4/22/11
REQUIRED ENTRY: Visit Shains and leave a comment below telling us what else you like Remember if this MAIN ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count
Optional Bonus Entries – Each entry MUST BE in a separate comment and are worth one point unless otherwise noted.
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Like us on Facebook (leave us your facebook ID)
- Like Shainsware on Facebook
- Follow Shainsware on Twitter
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Grab our Button (located in the right sidebar) and leave the link (2 extra – 2 comments #1, #2)
- Leave a comment on a non giveaway post (let us know which one)
- Feel free to enter any of our other current giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter (Comment #1, #2, #3)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – I entered to #WIN a Shainsware Bracelet @Shainsware via @ThatsITMommyhttp://thatsitmommy.com/?p=10909 )comeback daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra)
THIS GIVEAWAY WILL RUN THROUGH MIDNIGHT ON APRIL 22, 2011. WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN USING RANDOM.ORG FROM ALL VALID ENTRIES AND NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL. WINNER WILL HAVE 48 HOURS TO CONTACT US BEFORE ANOTHER WINNER IS CHOSEN. GIVEAWAY IS OPEN TO U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY (18+).
*WE DID NOT RECEIVE MONETARY COMPENSATION FOR THIS POST. WE DID RECEIVE THE ITEMS MENTIONED IN THIS POST IN ORDER TO FACILITATE OUR REVIEW. THIS WILL IN NO WAY SWAY OUR OPINION OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICE. OUR OPINIONS ARE IN OUR OWN WORDS AND YOUR OPINIONS OR THOUGHTS MAY DIFFER.