Will Turner Lego? Check. That dog that holds the keys in the movie (and, if you’ll recall, on the ride at Disney)? Yep he’s in there, too. But Jack Sparrow as a Lego? Maybe I would have played with Legos a bit more growing up if they looked this good! But my love for Johnny Depp and the movie aside, this game has been so much fun to play for our entire family. It has the problem solving aspect that keeps me and my husband in the game and was enjoyable for our 4.5 year old daughter as well. We definitely got hung up in the beginning game sequence, Port Royale, and despite frequent shark attacks were finally able to make it through!
We had our daughter play the character of the dog, as there was less to control–no weapon changes required! She could just run around and jump on the beach if she chose, but she could easily follow our commands of “Go to the pile and press the Z button”, which was sometimes required to get the dog to dig something up for the game. I liked to play as Jack Sparrow, and I love that they recreated his quirky movements from the movie into this game.
The game uses the standard Wii control with the nunchuk. The two-handed controls always takes a bit of a warm-up for my 4.5 year old, but her older cousins (ages 6 and 9) can jump right in. I wish more than 2 players could participate at a time, which would make it great for my daughter and two nieces to all play at the same time. I do like that when the players get farther apart, it goes into a split-screen play mode. I look forward to playing through the game and having additional character options to play through (over 70 in all!).
I think this would be a great gift for lovers of both Wii and the Disney Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I’ve seen all three movies and can’t wait for the 4th to come out! Even if you haven’t seen the movies, the game will still be entertaining and fun for the whole family!
LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game is an action adventure game bringing to life the Pirates of the Caribbean world and all its colorful characters in LEGO brick form.
Players will experience all the memorable scenes from the first three films, as well as those in the upcoming fourth film, “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” in the humorous and quirky LEGO video games style.
The Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game for Wii Features:
Exploration – Players will explore familiar locations filled with interactive LEGO objects and encounter more than 70 memorable and new characters while making their way through more than 20 levels.
Combat – The LEGO Caribbean is full of danger! Intense sword fighting moves give the LEGO minifigure a brand new pirate flavor.
Unforgettable Cut Scenes – Everyone’s favorite scenes from the Pirates of the Caribbean films are re-rendered with LEGO minifigures, in the humorous style synonymous with LEGO video games.
Puzzles – Players will need all their pirate cunning to find the hidden LEGO treasures and discover the game’s many secrets.
Two-Player Co-op – Players can join a friend or family member in the same room for two-player “drop-in/drop-out” cooperative action.
Freeplay – Building a collection of characters throughout the game, players can then use their distinctive abilities to gain access to previously unavailable areas.
BUY IT: You can purchase Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game for Wii for $39.99 on the Lego website, on Amazon and in retail stores nationwide. It is also available for PS3, Xbox, PSP and DS3.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a One (1) Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game for Wii. This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 1/7/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: Tell us why you want to win the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game for Wii. Leave a comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – @ThatsITmommy is giving away Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for Wii! Enter to win now! http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=20938 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on January 7, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the Lego Pirates of the Caribbean Game for Wii from Disney Interactive PR free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.