Kids lose stuff; it’s the cardinal law of parenting, however frustrating and however many lectures on responsibility you can give. Who’s got time to sit down with every folder, backpack, pair of sneakers, sweatshirt, coat, hat, etc. and painstakingly write your child’s name in said item in permanent marker? Enter Lovable Labels. I loved them as soon as I saw their tagline: “Labels that stick with your kids and their stuff!” When I had the chance to review a batch of Lovable Labels, I was even more impressed; these labels are durable, waterproof, dishwasher and microwave safe, washer and dryer safe, sun safe, bleach safe, sunscreen and temperature safe—and cute to boot!
We chose the Friendship Pack and Friendship Sampler pack, which comes with a variety for you and a smaller package of labels that you can customize for a friend. What a neat idea! We road tested some of our Lovable Labels straight away by putting them inside my children’s shoes, which they are required to take off at school during inclement weather in favor of their “indoor shoes”. I figured there was no better way to test the durability of these labels than them getting repeatedly stepped on, sweaty and generally mucked up. Days later, the label we chose (pink with peace signs for the house full of cool girls!) was not only still in place, but I could barely do anything to it to make it rip or shift. I’m one pleased mama, and wasted no time in labeling books, packs of pencils, school bags, lunch totes and textbooks with these little labels of awesomeness.
And not only are they extremely reliable and functional, but Lovable Labels has a variety of colors, shapes and icons to make them fun as well. Retailing for only $19.95 per set. These Alert Labels are dishwasher safe and microwaveable, they’re perfect for kids’ lunch boxes, drink bottles and containers. Lovable Labels also offers Original Bag Tags, specially made tags with straps that can hook onto backpacks, diaper bags, luggage or any other type of bag as well as Mini-Metal Tags, made from a durable metal that is both water and weatherproof.
On their colorful and easy-to-use website, www.lovablelabels.ca, ordering is broken down into three steps: choosing a label type like the ones I just described, choosing an icon (there are 45 different ones from which to choose, from teddy bears to skulls), and choosing a color combo: either “cool” (racing red, Olympic blue and pumpkin yellow) or “pretty” (princess pink, perfect purple and apple green). Lovable Labels also offers other great products as well, such as their colorful yet stylish Medical and ID wristbands.
I think what’s best, though, about this product is that Lovable Labels was the brain child of a mom just like all of us. Who knows best what we need but other moms of kids? Lovable Labels has thought of everything, and I’ve been recommending them to all of my mom and dad friends. When I find a product that is affordable, useful, and actually works, I am happy to endorse them. I encourage you to give Lovable Labels a try; you’ll be sure to stick with this product!
GIVEAWAY CLOSED: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive a Friendship Pack from Lovable Labels! This giveaway is open to US & Canadian residents only (18+). Ends 2/8/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, Go to lovablelabels.ca and tell us which label you like and how you’d use it! Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like Lovable Labels – Headquarters on Facebook and tell them that you’re a new fan!
- Follow @mylovablelabels on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest!
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win Lovable Labels! Perfect for kids lunch boxes, drink bottles & more via @thatsitmommy @mylovablelabels http://ow.ly/8GKIj #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on Feb 8, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the mentioned labels in this post free of charge to facilitate this review. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.