The Must-Own Movie For The Entire Family Debuts
The Muppts on Blu-ray ™ Combo Pack, Digital and On-Demand
Debut Release Offers Fans the Full Movie Soundtrack with DVD Release and as part of a ‘Wocka-Wocka’ Pack for the Ultimate Muppets Experience!
Feature Run Time: Approximately 103 Minutes
It’s time to play the music!
It’s time to light the lights!
It’s time to meet the Muppets on the Muppet Show tonight!
I love The Muppets! I always have. I grew up watching them with my family. To this day, The Muppets are still near and dear to my heart. I ran to the theater to watch the new Muppet movie back in November. Now I can enjoy the movie anytime I want since it’s available on Blu-Ray/DVD. The Wocka Wocka Value Pack is a must have for all Muppet fans. The pack includes awesome bonuses. The Longest Blooper Reel Evert Made is definitely a must-see! I also love that the pack comes with a Digital Copy (it’s going on vacations with us!) and the original soundtrack! I’m in heaven!
What’s the big deal about this movie? The Muppets reunite! Thanks to their biggest fan, Walter, who visits from Smalltown. Walter joins his brother, Gary (Jason Segel) and Gary’s girlfriend Mary (Amy Adams) on their 10th dating anniversary vacation to Los Angeles. The trio had no idea what was in store for them! While on a tour of the run down Muppet Studios, Walter overhears bad guy Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) plan to take over the Muppet Theater to dig for OIL! The three Muppet fans seek out Kermit to inform him of Richman’s plans.
Kermit was always the voice of reason – a true leader and he’s no different in this movie. He takes his new friends and his 80’s robot on a road trip (traveling by map!) to find the old gang. Animal is in an anger management program, Gonzo is a successful plumber, Scooter works at Google and Fozzy is in a lounge band called the Moopets (keep an eye out for Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters).
Warm and genuinely funny, this movie is nostalgia at it’s finest and you can expect notable lines from Fozzy, fun routines from Camilla and The Chickens, celebrity cameos and a remake of Nirvana’s song Smells Like Teen Spirit! I do wish that Pigs In Space made into the film. My favorite Muppet songs are Rainbow Connection and Mah Na Mah Na (they were both songs played at my wedding!). These songs were highlights for me and provided me some teary-eyed moments. And of course we can’t have a movie that doesn’t touch on the dysfunctional romance of Miss Piggy and Kermit. The musical numbers were actually pretty funny and the storyline was entertaining and easy to follow.
This movie is a mixture of past Muppet movies and the Muppet Show. I felt like a kid again while the grown-up me loved this movie. I’m training my daughter to love the old episodes and movies (LOL)! I’m not sure if she’ll embrace the characters like I did as a child. I am thrilled that The Muppets were brought back to the big screen introducing these legends to a new generation of fans.
Want more Muppets? View exciting trailers, games, video clips and more at www.Disney.com/Muppets
3-Disc ‘Wocka-Wocka Value Pack’ Suggested Retail Pricing: $49.99 U.S./$56.99 Canada
(1-Disc Blu-ray + 1-Disc DVD + Digital Copy + Soundtrack Digital Download Card)
- The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think) – A laugh out loud look at the actors’funny gaffs and gags from behind the scenes of making Disney’s “The Muppets.”
- ØDisney Intermission – Groundbreaking Blu-ray feature. Pausing a movie will never be this much fun, as the Muppets take over the screen every time you stop the disc!
- Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney’s “The Muppets.” Hosted by unit production manager monster J.G., the cast and crew take a behind the scenes look at making Muppet and movie history.
- Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song. Rapping his way through the story of his miserable life, Tex tells audiences why he turned out to be such a rotten guy.
- A Little Screen Test on the way to the Read Through. This hilarious footage follows the Muppet gang as they go to their first table reading of the script.
- Eight Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
- The Combo Pack also comes with the popular theatrical spoof trailers
- The Complete Soundtrack
2-Disc Combo Pack (1-Disc Blu-ray + 1 Disc DVD) 2-Disc Blu-ray = $39.99 U.S./$46.99 Canada
- The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We think).
- Disney Intermission
- Scratching the Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney’s “The Muppets”
- Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song
- A Little Screen Test on the Way to the Read Through
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
- Hidden Easter Eggs
1-Disc DVD + Soundtrack Digital Download Card 1-Disc DVD with Soundtrack = $34.99/$41.99 Canada
- The longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think)
- Complete Soundtrack
1-Disc DVD 1-Disc DVD = $29.99 U.S./$35.99 Canada
- The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think)
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive The Muppets Wocka Wocka Value Pack. SWEET!! This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 4/12/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, tell us who your favorite Muppet is and why! Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like The Muppets on Facebook
- Follow The Muppets on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – Enter to #win The Muppets Wocka Wocka Value Pack (Blu-ray, DVD & more!!) via @thatsitmommy http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=23385#giveaway @MuppetsStudio) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on April 12, 12 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the Value Pack from Disney free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.