Ever since I became a mom, I’ve found myself becoming more and more eco-conscious. I recycle more, try my best to conserve energy, and I’ve tried to find creative ways to produce less waste. One of my favorite eco-friendly finds was a bento-style lunchbox for Jack. Both he and I love it! It contains eco-friendly containers that are dishwasher safe. Since we got this lunchbox, I haven’t sent him to school with a single plastic baggie! (While that may only be a small “green” step, but I’m VERY proud of it!)
The only problem with his lunchbox is that he doesn’t like to share it with me. Considering it is bright blue with little green aliens on it, I’m okay with that. But I love the concept behind it and have been wanting something similar.
I was super excited to try out an ECO Lunchbox because it was an adult version of Jack’s bento box! I received a solo cube and an ECOlunchwrap. When I opened it up, I was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful fabric of the wrap. It’s a reversible cloth with white on one side and blue on the other, with a leaf pattern on it. My solo cube is about the size of a sandwich. The idea behind the product is to pack your food into the cube and tie it up in the wrap to create a portable, reusable, waste-free lunch!
For my first lunch, I packed a turkey sandwich with hummus and lots of greens into my solo cube. I tied it up in the Furoshiki wrap and threw in an apple. (I was a little intimidated by the tying portion of the lunchwrap, but I soon realized that if you can tie a couple of knots, you can easily tie up the wrap!) Voila! Lunch was done and I had a cute, little lunch tote! It fits the bill for what I need perfectly. It can travel with me to the park, go on a picnic, or go in the fridge at work. All in all, it’s a great product!
The solo cube that I received is plastic-free, lead-free, BPA-free, phthalate-free, and allows you to be waste-free as well! They are made of stainless steel that will not retain stains, odors, or any food residue. It is unbreakable and dishwasher safe. The Furoshiki lunchwrap is double-sided, machine washable, and hand-made from 100% cotton. Plastic-free, BPA-free, and waste-free, the soft wraps allow you a healthy alternative to the traditional brown paper bag.
ECO Lunchboxes come in a variety of shapes and sizes (ranging from $7 to $22) and can accommodate almost any lunch fare you desire. The wraps also come in different shapes and patterns (in the $15 to $50 range). The combination of these two eco-friendly products is both environmentally-conscious and fashionable. I love that this is a unique product that is sure to get people talking.
You can learn more about these fantastic eco-friendly products HERE.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive an ECO Lunchbox solo cube and Furoshiki ECO Lunchwrap! This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 4/30/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit http://www.ecolunchboxes.com/index.html and tell us your favorite eco-friendly fact about ECO Lunchboxes! Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like ECO Lunchboxes on Facebook
- Follow ECO Lunchboxes on Twitter
- Follow ECO Lunchboxes on Pinterest
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win an ECO Lunchbox to www.ecolunchboxes.com via @thatsitmommy and @ecolunchboxes http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=12900 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on April 30, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received an ECO Lunchbox solo cube and Furoshiki Lunchwrap from ECO Lunchboxes free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.