My husband is obsessed with coffee, which makes him the perfect taste-tester for Eight O’Clock. Take it away, Sean – Tee
Eight O’Clock Coffee Review:
I am a big fan of coffee. The smell and the taste make feel like I am directly connected to the very earth the coffee beans were grown from. Drinking coffee is very ceremonial in my life! I also love the caffeine kick! However, as much as I may need the caffeine every morning, the taste is what is most important. I stay far away from fast-food and convenience store carafes and only brew at home or sometimes visit the coffee shops. Also, I like the most natural, earthy dark flavors I can find. When it comes to flavored coffees I only go for the Hazelnut. Flavored coffees tend to be “over” flavored and artificial. There actually is only one Hazelnut brand I will drink (Dunkin Donuts). I kind of like the DD almost candy like flavoring. That is until I got a chance to sample Eight O’Clock coffee’s Hazelnut flavor.
I was aware of Eight O’Clock coffee but I don’t think I had ever tried it. They sent over a bag their Hazelnut Ground coffee. Eight O’Clock uses high quality 100% Arabica beans and “expertly roast and grind them to bring out their rich, full-bodied flavor and aroma”. Exactly what I want to hear! Upon opening the bag I made sure to take a huge whiff and take in as much of the Hazelnut “aroma” my lungs could handle. It was definitely Hazelnut and it definitely smelled sublime! Not over-powering like my other flavored brand. I boiled some H20, filled my coffee press and waited patiently for my brew. Would it taste as great as it smelled? I am happy to report that yes, it did! I was a little unsure at first because I happened to be used to the other Hazelnut taste. But after half a cup, I could really tell the difference. Very smooth and the flavor was more mellow than Dunkins. It also had the darker, rich notes that I adore! I usually drink all my brews black with maybe a bit of honey instead of sugar. I tried Eight O’Clock Hazelnut with and without sweetening and it was super either way. Eight O’Clock Hazelnut has very warm, roasted nutty taste.
I have about 4 other bags of beans I brew from. Blends and roasts change almost daily for me. Mostly from Starbucks. So please note that I have brewed the Eight O’Clock Hazelnut coffee everyday since I received the bag! It’s that good. I’m the only coffee drinker in my house and the Eight O’Clock coffee is the only brand my family has commented on how great it smells and made the house smell! It was a lot of fun trying this “new” brand (for me! Eight O’Clock coffee has been around since 1859!). I will buy some more Eight O’Clock Hazelnut and I will even try their other roasts.
- IT Daddy, Sean
Who doesn’t love the taste of sweet, buttery caramel mixed with the rich aroma of a perfectly brewed cup of coffee? Perfect to wake up with, as an afternoon pick-me-up, or as a sweet treat to indulge in.
Caramel O’Clock Coffee
1 Cup hot brewed Eight O’Clock Original Coffee
2 Tbsp Milk
1 Tbsp Caramel Syrup
Chocolate Toffees, chopped into small pieces
Drizzle half of caramel syrup into the bottom of mug. Pour coffee. Add milk. Add whipped cream. Drizzle remaining caramel syrup over whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate toffees.
Eight O’Clock Coffee has uncovered a stash of Vintage Glass Coffee Jars, complete with the brand’s old logo, in their Maryland roasting facility, and the company is celebrating by giving away the jars to their fans!
Eight O’Clock Coffee has been in the business of selecting, roasting and packaging coffee for over 150 years. The treasure trove of jars are both a piece of history AND a great way to store your ground or whole bean coffee.
Here are Eight O’Clock Coffee’s tips for coffee storage:
· Keep your unused coffee beans or grounds fresh by storing in an air-tight container.
· Store your coffee in a cool, dry place and out of direct sunlight.
· Avoid freezing—this can break down the flavorful oils in the beans and cause condensation, which makes the coffee go stale faster.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive Eight O’Clock Coffee’s Original Blend and a Vintage Jar (pictured above). This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 4/23/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, “Find your Grind” at www.EightOClockCoffee.com and tell us which flavor you’d like to try. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like EightOClockCoffee on Facebook
- Follow @8OClockCoffee on Twitter
- Follow 8oclockcoffee on Pinterest
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win Eight O’Clock Coffee & a Vintage Eight O’Clock Glass Jar via @thatsitmommy & @8OClockCoffee http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=23917 #giveaway) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on April 23, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received a bag of Eight O’Clock Hazelnut and a Vintage Glass Jar from Eight O’Clock Coffee free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.