Thankfully, my kids love to be active. Running, jumping and climbing are all a part of their daily routine. I’ve considered purchasing a trampoline for them for quite some time, but there were concerns I had with each one I came across. For example, while foldable handlebars are great for storage reasons, they gave me pause as far as how truly stable the handlebars would be. Also, when I would read “lightweight aluminum”, my mind would immediately translate that to “my kids will tip this over and break something!”. When I saw the iBounce trampoline, I was on board with reviewing it since it looked like a very stable piece of equipment. The handlebars are fixed to the triangular base and the angle of the bars keeps my kids jumping pretty much in the center of the trampoline the entire time so I don’t have a fear that it (or my kids) will tip over.
The iBounce trampoline includes all of the items pictured above. The directions included easy to follow. To put together this very stable trampoline, you’ll need to set aside some time. My mom and I used the team approach and it still took us just under an hour! There are many bolts to place with the included allen wrench and manually tensioning the trampoline canvas with the bungee cords took time and bit of muscle. It also includes a Rompy Roo Exercise DVD (run time: 12 minutes; with free iPad version) and content for the iPad (not shown). The adjustable tablet mount is also included.
To see the individual features of the iBounce, visit their website.
I first let the kids have their fun on the trampoline. The tablet holder was easy to install. The first time I had Brendan (who just turned 2) give it a try with the video. While I appreciate the educational aspect of the video (it incorporates a lot of counting and number recognition), combining the timing of the jump with the video is a bit too advanced and the video distracted him enough that he wasn’t bouncing! I prefer to have the tablet off for him. However, my 4.5 year old had a much easier time following along with the video, although she thinks the jumping was too slow at times and just wanted to jump at her own speed. Overall, I love the design of the trampoline. The handlebars are spaced wide enough so there is plenty of room to jump. The optional tablet holder is adjustable to fit tablets up to 10″ (iPad, Nook, Kindle, etc). The fit is secure and it withstands strong pulling by my kids. The tablet location is set on the opposite side of the handlebars to keep it out of harm’s way.
I am thankful that my kids naturally gravitate towards being active. I do feel like the video slowed them down, but in kids that tend to be more sedentary, the video would be a great motivating tool, as well as educational. I think parents that have a difficult time getting their kids to exercise could use their tablet and say “You can watch your show as long as you’re jumping the whole time!”. Also, to keep exercise activities fresh, the company will introduce a new RompyRoo adventure every few months. It’s an interesting addition to follow along with the iPad or the TV if you don’t have a tablet). I like that the video also gets the kids off the trampoline, for example, doing a plank on the ground for a 10 count. You have to hold really still so the “butterfly” will land on your nose!
The price of the trampoline is in line with other similiarly-sized trampolines of this quality. This has a sturdy design and it’s great to have the option to have the tablet holder. Here is my video review with the kids using the trampoline along with the RompyRoo DVD (shown on our iPad)-ENJOY! -Heather
About JumpSport, Inc.
JumpSport was founded in 1997 when founder and CEO Mark Publicover invented the world’s first affordable backyard trampoline safety net enclosure. Today JumpSport distributes its top- rated safety trampolines and accessories throughout the world, and its adult Fitness Trampoline at fitness clubs and retailers like Costco. With over 25 patented safety and game innovations, JumpSport continues to create playful, active and educational products for kids and adults of all ages. Mark created the iBounce trampoline because he understands the important connection between physical activity and learning development in children.
Besides the obvious fun that a mini trampoline can give a child, the iBounce is a great way for kids to stay active and learn. And because JumpSport has 15 years of experience in making trampolines, parents can feel secure knowing their kids are safe. The iBounce uses a bungee cord system that gives a soft and lively bounce. Plus, the sturdy handle bar adds stability so little ones can safely develop their balance, coordination, endurance and motor skills.
BUY IT: This is safe for kids age 2-8 years up to 80 pounds. It can be purchased for $129.95 on their website.
GIVEAWAY: One (1) That’s IT Mommy reader will receive an iBounce Trampoline (RV $130)! This giveaway is open to US residents only (18+). Ends 5/15/12.
REQUIRED MAIN ENTRY: To enter, visit JumpSport and tell us which feature of the iBounce is most important to you. Leave your comment in the reply box below this post. That’s IT!
Remember if this REQUIRED ENTRY is not followed then no other entries will count.
Optional Bonus Entries – All entries MUST BE in a separate comment. All are worth 1 point unless otherwise noted.
- Like JumpSport on Facebook
- Like RompyRoo on Facebook to track his adventures and stories
- Follow Rompy Roo on Twitter
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter (or tell us that you already do)
- “Like” us on Facebook (let us know who you are)
- Follow us on Twitter (leave us your twitter ID)
- Follow us on Pinterest
- Grab our button on the right sidebar and post on your website (leave the link) (3 extra – 3 comments #1, #2, #3)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs
- Follow us on GFC (sidebar)
- Enter another one of our current giveaways (3 extra – 3 separate comments #1, #2, #3) Feel free to enter any of our giveaways that interest you, but you will receive a maximum of three extra entries only, no matter how many of our other giveaways you enter
- Leave a comment on any non giveaway post and let us know you did (2 extra – 2 separate comments #1, #2)
- Tweet about this giveaway (Copy – #Win an iBounce Kids’ Trampoline w/ @RompyRoo (RV $130) via @thatsitmommy and http://thatsitmommy.com/?p=24476 #fitness #giveaway ) come back daily and leave us the link to the tweet (1 extra/day)
*This giveaway will run through midnight on May 15, 2012 (PST). Winner will be chosen using Random.org from all valid entries and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact us before another winner is chosen. Giveaway is open to U.S. (18+) residents only.
* We did not receive monetary compensation for this review. That’s IT Mommy received the iBounce Trampoline from JumpSport’s PR firm free of charge to facilitate this review. Giveaway item will be provided by sponsor. Sponsor has the right to refuse filling prize for duplicate winners from other blogs. This will in no way sway our opinion of the product or service. The review is in our own words and is our opinion. Your results and opinions may differ.